How I style a denim jacket

11 comments
The denim jacket is one of the most classic and timeless pieces that should be a staple in your closet. It is the perfect piece for autumn and winter layering that can completely tie together an entire look and can really help in adding a grunge aspect to your outfit. I own two different denim jacket both very different styles one more grunge and the other much more feminine. 

My style is very simple and classic, I love black and white clothing and love it even more when I can tie in a denim piece and gold details. This denim jacket from Forever New is a slightly cropped acid wash jacket and is a medium blue tone with pearl button details. I love pairing this with tones of different outfits but as the weather is only becoming cooler I'm still wearing it with shorts. Embroidery is huge trend this season, these high waisted shorts from ASOS have a gorgeous embroidered hem and look perfect with black crop tops or braletes like this one from Missguided.


My absolute favourite part about colder seasons are boots and these ones are my favourite of the ones I own. They cut off just above the ankle and have a medium heel and are ridiculously comfortable.

To add in a gold touch I love wearing this watch with a black band and gold face as well as my gold aviator sunglasses from ASOS.


My second denim jacket is also from Forever New and is much longer and more feminine with lots of gold details on the buttons and just on the corners of the collar. This jacket as its much softer I wear both with the buttons done up or undone with a blouse or white ribbed crop top. I've been wearing this jacket with black shorts especially these tailored shorts from ASOS with split details in the hem. During much colder days I'll pair this jacket with a pair of black ripped knee skinny jeans or leather look pants.


To tie in the sharp details on the collar and splits on the pants I like using chevron printed phone cases  and full gold jewellery which really pulls the outfit together.

How do you style your denim jacket?

Katie 
You can also find me on Instagram and Twitter.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments:

  1. I love the style of both outfits, really cute! and those pair of boots are gorgeous xx

    Micah || michastela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denim jackets are amazing!!! I've really been loving wearing lighter wash ones with white skinny jeans :)

    whitnibble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first outfit! I think I would wear denim in that way!

    mynameiskristina blog // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both outfits were really cute! I love the boots and I agree with you, boots are probably the best thing about Autumn and Winter! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that denim shirt it's absolutely gorgeous! xx

    Gemma Louise | Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ankle booties and watch :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The watch and bootiessss, love those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and guud things...
    http://fashinmagicbyjelanas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you mixed the different textures together here! Your photography and blog are amazing in general!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're style is so perfect. I'm loving denim at the moment xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love your style. Thank you for this.

    http://www.fallenlifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig