Drugstore beauty sale

9 comments

Is there anything more beautiful than seeing row after row of makeup? Yes... Row after row of makeup on sale, although I think my bank account disagrees. After a lunch date with my best friend we were caught by a drugstore sale and like any other pair of beauty obsessed girls with shopping withdrawals for things we really didn't need we caved. I picked up only a few things and thought I would share and give a little mini review on the things I purchased. 























The first two products I picked up were re purchases these were the Rimmel Stay Matte translucent setting powder and the Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner. Both these products are my two favourite drugstore purchases as a use them both each and every single time I do my makeup. The Maybelline liquid eyeliner is the only I have found with the thinnest nib which is great for getting super close to the lash line and creating a very crisp line when creating a winged liner. Stay Matte powder is excellent at setting my foundation it lasts pretty much all day apart from in my T zone which needs re applying throughout the day. The only thing I don't love about it is its scent. It has quite a peculiar scent which reminds me of crushed coral? strange, however it is a super inexpensive setting powder that gets the job done. 

The next two products I picked up after seeing a recommendation on Youtube from Zoella. These are the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains in the shades LA Exclusive and Parisian Passion. 


These lip stains are gorgeous on my lips, the pigmentation in the tube is amazing and on the lips both shades leave a lovely sheer glaze of glossy colour. I find that the shade LA Exclusive is much more pink-nude on the lips than in the tube but the shade is still gorgeous and looks lovely over nude lipstick. Parisian Passion is the perfect plum shade for Autumn and Winter which has a colour payoff very similar to that in the tube. This shade provides the perfect amount of sheer colour to the lips which is great for those of you who aren't as daring with your lip shades but still want something different and bold for the cooler months. Now I can't almost wait for Autumn to come around so I can wear this shade out. What i also love about these moisture stains is they have a cooling effect on my lips and are very creamy and hydrating. 


And finally I picked up a Ciaté Caviar Manicure nail set with the shade Strawberry Milkshake. I have always wanted to try the Ciaté nail polishes but was always put off by the caviar set but decided since it was on sale to try it out. What firsts attracts me to these nail polishes it the packaging, it it so polished and chic and I adore the unique bottle style and bows. I love this gorgeous baby pink shade it deffinetly screams Strawberry Milshake and has a nice creamy formula that isn't too thick. I found it a bit difficult at first to apply the micro beads onto my nail (I opted for one feature nail as I thought all five was a bit OTT for me) and had to reapply the pink shade again as it dries pretty quickly and the beads wouldn't stick, so I recommend applying them as soon as the second coat is on. 

I actually ended up loving the look of the caviar nails it is very different to what I have used before but I love the contrast of colours and textures and i think it would be great for a night out or formal occasion. The only thing I haven't loved so far is the beads tend to fall off quickly (mind you I didn't use a top coat) I had a shower after they had dried shortly after and a lot of beads came off, this also could be because the set was on sale.  Have you tried this set and had similar problems? let me know. 






Have you tried any of these drugstore beauty finds? or know of any dupes? I'm looking to try some new liquid eyeliners. Leave me some suggestions below.

Katie 
You can also find me on Instagram and Twitter.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments:

  1. Ohh Ciate Nail Polishes have such polished and professional packaging! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeliner and powder are also my favourite of those types of products! I'm not really a fan of the lip stains although I only tried one of them. I love the Ciate nail polish but I'm not too sure about the caviar trend. The baby pink shade is cute though.
    xx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am in love with any Revlon lip products, I love how they have such a variety of pinks// I must try these lip stains!
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the revlon stains so much! xx

    rosyannajane.blogspot.com // bloglovin.com/annatranter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the same eyeliner a while ago and I agree with, it's really easy to work with it but it dried out really fast..

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and the eyeliner looks really good too. I recommend the MUA eyeliner, it has a really thin nib and is only £1! Great post x

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Stay Matte is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently got the Maybelline Master Precise Liner, and I love it! I only find problems when my eyes water or I rub my eyes. The Stay Matte Powder has been a favorite for a while now when I'm going out to hot places like amusement parks for the entire day :)

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEST powder ever! xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig