Colours for Summer

11 comments
If you're anything like me then the one thing you look forward to when the new season rolls around is switching up colour shades with makeup. While I am a lover of autumnal red wines and berries there is just something exciting about changing up those deeper shades to bright and vibrant pinks and reds and of course pairing those with new summer outfits, which I was dying to throw on once it started heating up and boy did it! 

I'm going to start of with two blush shades which I think are perfect for this time of the year, one an all time favourite and a new one which has quickly become a part of my daily Summer beauty routine. 

























Mac will always be one of my favourite brands however, I usually have trouble with their blushers as most I find are quite 'dry' and hard to blend. While this is usually the case I finally found one that blends perfectly, isn't dry when compared to others and has a beautiful summery shade. This blush is in the shade Dollymix and has great colour pay off due to its high pigmentation, believe me when I say a little goes a long way. Dollymix is a deep candy pink with a slight metallic satin finish which provides a super lovely highlighted flush to the cheeks. 


Now if you read one of my latest posts you would know that I recently picked up the Hourglass Ambient lighting palette which I am now regretting as it has made me a huge fan of the brand and has  'forced' me into picking up another of their products. This time I purchased anAmbient lighting blush in the shade Diffused Heat...wow. This blush is so beautiful, the packaging to start with is a gorgeous antique gold which shines just as bright as the blush its self. Like the Lighting palette this blush is also from their Ambient lighting range and so it has a slightly noticeable amount of shimmer which adds a lovely pop of colour that provides a radiant glow to the cheeks. Hourglass is soon becoming one of my top favourite makeup brands. 



My go to look for Summer is having super highlighted cheekbones, while powder highlighters do the job I love combining them with these two products which are pink based creme highlighters. The first is Girl Meets Pearl by Benefit Cosmetics. This highlighter almost acts as a shiny golden peach primer as well as a creme highlight which I use in both ways. The image pictured is only a sample ( as a ran out of my full size) so I have been using this one just along my cheekbones. What I love most about this other than the cute packaging and perfect glow is it's very pretty strawberry scent. 

Left Benefit Girl Meets Pearl, Right Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
The second highlight i have been using is the Maybelline Instant age rewind under eye concealer in 'Highlighter'. This one is super pink in tone and very creamy with an almost satin finish to it. Out of the two i prefer the Benefit Girl meets pearl simply because the shade is more natural then Maybellines but both provide a super nice highlight.



And finally lips, because what really is summer makeup about then bright lip shades? I have a number of bright and vibrant lipsticks which would be perfect for this post but the more I thought about it the more I thought how annoying lipsticks can tend to be throughout summer due to their creaminess which I sometimes find annoying throughout the hot weather. So instead my top three summer colours are three of the Revlon Balm stains. Two are from the Just Bitten Kissable range which are in the shades Cherish and Sweetheart which both have a glossy finish. The third is from the colour burst range in Unapologetic and has a matte finish. What I love about these three products is that they are as pigmented as a lipstick but are a stain and last pretty much all day. They are also a lot less messy and easy to apply. 

Cherish, Sweetheart, Unapologetic

All three shades while in the same colour spectrum are all very different which is great for creating new looks. My favourite out of the three is in Cherish which is a very typical bubblegum pink with blue undertones. I find this is the most subtle of the three while still providing the perfect pop of colour. 

If you have tried any of these gorgeous sumer shades and loved them as much as I have then let me know in the comments. What are your go to summer makeup products?

Katie
you can also find me on Instagram and Twitter.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments:

  1. I've decided I'm going to splurge on the Hourglass Blush when I go to NYC, so excited to try it!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful products for summer! The blushes look stunning x

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour of the Ambient Lighting blush is beautiful! x

    rosyannajane.blogspot.co.uk // www.bloglovin.com/annatranter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love all of these products! They are all my favourite brands :)

    Nikoleta, xoxo.

    http://nljuljduraj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great products and post! :)
    Emily http://idontknxw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying to try something from the Hourglass range, these blushes have been tempting me for such a while! Great, detailed post.
    I also have a blog if you would mind checking it out?

    typicalpainting.blogspot.co.uk

    thankyou!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish it was summer here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the hourglass blush that so many youtubers and bloggers were raving about, right? It looks SO gorgeous.. I'm debating whether to buy it or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend picking it up! it's such a beautiful blush.

      Katie X

      Delete
  9. I love the look of the hourglass one :) . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have got to get my hands on some hourglass!! lovely vibrant blog, has cheered up my day! lov the Revlon colorbursts too. x

    http://lobloggs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig